Zion Methodist New Connexion Chapel (1860s-1960s), Lidget Street, Lindley
GEOGRAPHIC STUBThis page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location marked on an old map. More detailed information may eventually be added...
- also known as: Lindley Zion Methodist Church
- appears on maps: 1905 [#60]
- location: Lidget Street, Lindley
- status: no longer exists
- category: church or chapel
Built between 1864 to 1866 to replace the original New Connexion chapel (built 1812-13) that was situated further north along Lidget Street. A Sunday School was built 1873-74 on the other side of Lidget Street using masonry from the former chapel. The church closed circa 1960 with the congregation joining Lindley Methodist Church on East Street. The building was demolished in 1962.
- Articles about Lindley Zion Methodist New Connexion Chapel and Sunday School
- Roll of Honour, Zion Methodist Chapel, Lindley