Zion Methodist New Connexion Chapel (1860s-1960s), Lidget Street, Lindley

GEOGRAPHIC STUB
This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location. More detailed information may eventually be added...

Details

  • also known as: Lindley Zion Methodist Church
  • appears on maps: 1905 [#60]
  • location on map: Lidget Street, Lindley
  • status: no longer exists
  • category: church or chapel

Built between 1864 to 1866 to replace the original New Connexion chapel (built 1812-13) that was situated further north along Lidget Street. A Sunday School was built 1873-74 on the other side of Lidget Street using masonry from the former chapel. The church closed circa 1960 with the congregation joining Lindley Methodist Church on East Street. The building was demolished in 1962.[1]

Further Reading

Location

Notes and References

Zion Methodist New Connexion Chapel (1860s-1960s), Lidget Street, Lindley

Categories

Buildings | Churches and places of worship | Demolished buildings | Methodist chapels and churches | Stub entry
This page was last modified on 7 November 2018 and has been edited by Dave Pattern.

Search Huddersfield Exposed