Yorkshire Oddities, Incidents, and Strange Events: Volume 1
- The Ghost of Trinity Church, York
- Peter Priestley, the Wakefield Parish Clerk
- "Old Boots"
- Foster Powell, the Pedestrian
- Prophet Wroe
- Bishop-Dyke Pond
- Snowden Dunhill, the Convict.
- James Naylor, the Quaker
- "Old Three Laps"
- Christopher Pivett
- David Turton, Musician at Horbury
- John Bartendale, the Piper
- Blind Jack of Knaresborough
- "Peg Pennyworth"
- Peter Barker, the Blind Joiner
- The White House
- Jemmy Hirst, an Oddity
- The Tragedy of Beningbrough Hall
- A Yorkshire Butcher
- The Old Yorkshire Tyke
- The One-Pound Note
- Benjamin Preston, Provincial Poet