Wooldale Local Board
Wooldale Local Board was the local authority body responsible for issues relating to public health in the township of Wooldale and was formed on 24 December 1862 with an initial membership of twelve persons.
Typically elected by local rate payers and property owners, Local Boards were formed following the Public Health Act 1848 and the subsequent Local Government Act 1858, and had responsibility for the oversight of sewers, water supplies, public toilets, street cleaning, slaughterhouses, pavements, and burial grounds within their district.
Wooldale Local Board was amalgamated with Upperthong Local Board and Cartworth Local Board in 1884 to form the new Holmfirth Local Board.
Notes and References
- ↑ "Wooldale and the Local Goverment Act" in Huddersfield Chronicle (27/Dec/1862).