Woodhead Haigh (c.1888-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HAIGH, WOODHEAD. Private. No 242189. 1/5th Battalion Northumberland Fusiliers. Born Wooldale, Holmfirth. Husband of Alice May Haigh, 16 Uppergate, Hepworth. Employed at Stoney Bank Mills. Was a member of the Netherthong football club. Killed in action, 26.10.1917, aged 29 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated TYNE COT MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private WOODHEAD HAIGH
- regiment: Northumberland Fusiliers
- died: Friday, October 26, 1917
- age: 29 years
- record ID: 837981
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #837981)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1516136)