Wilshaw Mill, Meltham
Wilshaw Mill was a woollen mill situated in Wilshaw, near Meltham.
The mill was built in 1849 by Joseph Hirst of Wilshaw Villa, who had previously rented a mill at Meltham Mills.
The mill manager resided at Ash Cottage, whilst worker's cottages were erected at Lower Greave.
The 1892 and 1906 O.S. maps label the mill as the Old Dye Works.
Notes and References
- ↑ "Wilshaw: Built and Fostered by One Man" in Yorkshire Evening Post (29/Oct/1948).