Willis Bray (c.1889-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BRAY, WILLIS. Private. No 21/271. 21st Battalion West Yorkshire Regiment. Born Honley. Son of Fred and Alice Mary Bray, of Bradshaw Road, Honley. Employed by Messrs Holdroyd and Sons, joiners, of Honley. Attended Honley Parish Church and was a member of the bible class. Enlisted December 1915. Embarked for France in July, 1917, and came home on leave in December, 1917. Killed in action, 27.3.1918, aged 28 years. Buried MINDEL TRENCH BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Row D, Grave 19.
- ROH:- Honley War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private WILLIS BRAY
- regiment: West Yorkshire Regiment
- died: Wednesday, March 27, 1918
- age: 28 years
- record ID: 262698
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #262698)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #478405)