Willie Schofield (1889-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- SCHOFIELD, WILLIE. Private. No 40846. 23rd (Tyneside Scottish) Battalion Northumberland Fusiliers. Born 95 Acre Street, Lindley 25.12.1889. Son of William Henry and Phoebe Ann Schofield, 35 Eldon Road, Marsh. Educated Lindley Church of England School and Holy Trinity Church School. Employed as a milkman by Mr Herbert Hardy, milkdealer, of Birkby. Attended Holy Trinity Church, Huddersfield. Enlisted 4.5.1916. Embarked for France November, 1916. Killed in action near Armentieres, 24.11.1916, aged 26 years. Buried RATION FARM MILITARY CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 3, Row A, Grave 5.
- ROH:- Holy Trinity Church, Huddersfield.
- Brother of Private HERBERT SCHOFIELD died of wounds, 4.11.1916.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private WILLIE SCHOFIELD
- regiment: Northumberland Fusiliers
- died: Friday, November 24, 1916
- age: 26 years
- record ID: 58800
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #58800)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3926141)