Willie Ramsden (1899-1918)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- RAMSDEN, WILLIE. Private. No 77916. 1/8th Battalion Durham Light Infantry. Born 98 Briggate, Brighouse, 26.1.1899. Son of Mr and Mrs Herbert Brook Ramsden, 16 Deighton Road, Deighton. Educated Deighton Council School. Employed in the finishing department at Woodhouse Mills. Single. Enlisted 13.4.1917. Killed in action near Rheims, 20.7.1918, aged 19 years. Buried MARFAUX BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 7, Row I, Grave 10.
- ROH:- Christ Church, Woodhouse Hill; Deighton United Methodist Chapel; Deighton War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private WILLIE RAMSDEN
- regiment: Durham Light Infantry
- died: Saturday, July 20, 1918
- age: 19 years
- record ID: 309452
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #309452)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3654341)