Willie Lockwood (c.1894-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- LOCKWOOD, WILLIE. Private. No 24769. 1st Company, Machine Gun Corps. Formerly No 1525 Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Second son of Mr and Mrs John William Lockwood, 13 Spring Street, Marsden. Attended Marsden Wesleyan Sunday School. Employed in the finishing department by Messrs Crowther, Bruce and Company. Was a member of the local Territorial battalion before the outbreak of the war. Killed in action at Passchendaele, 9.10.1917, aged 23 years. Buried TYNE COT CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 55, Row D, Grave 12.
- ROH:- Marsden War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Lance Corporal WILLIE LOCKWOOD
- regiment: Machine Gun Corps
- died: Tuesday, October 9, 1917
- age: 23 years
- record ID: 463636
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #463636)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2694107)