Willie Lindley (c.1897-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- LINDLEY, WILLIE. Rifleman. No C/7667. 10th Battalion King's Royal Rifle Corps. Born Honley, Huddersfield. Son of Joe Lindley, Bright's Buildings, Neiley, Honley. Employed by Messrs Gledhill and Roberts, bobbin makers, Honley. Enlisted November 1915. Reported missing at the Battle of Cambrai, 30.11.1917, aged 20 years, and afterwards presumed to have been killed on that date. Has no known grave. Commemorated CAMBRAI MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Honley War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Rifleman WILLIE LINDLEY
- regiment: King's Royal Rifle Corps
- died: Friday, November 30, 1917
- record ID: 1754710
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1754710)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2665148)