Willie Hague (c.1895-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HAGUE, WILLIE. Private. No 241005. 2/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Shelley. Son of Mrs Hague, of Royd House, Shelley. Prior to enlistment worked for Messrs Stringer and Jagger at Emley Moor Colliery. Reported missing at the Battle of Bullecourt, 3.5.1917, and afterwards presumed to have died on that date. He was 21 years of age. Has no known grave. Commemorated ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Emmanuel Church, Shelley.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private WILLIE HAGUE
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Thursday, May 3, 1917
- record ID: 637559
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #637559)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1514497)