Willie Armitage (c.1885-1916)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- ARMITAGE, WILLIE. Rifleman. No C/7912. 18th Battalion King's Royal Rifle Corps. Born Upperthong. Son of Mr George Armitage. Lived Victoria, Holmfirth. Educated at St. John's School. Married, with one son. Worked as a tailor, firstly for Mr Herbert Battye and then for Mr Alex Peace of Holmfirth. Member of the St. John's Institute billiard team. Enlisted November 1915. Embarked for France May 1916. Killed in action, 10.10.1916, aged 31 years. Buried in WARLENCOURT BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 3, Row D, Grave 27.
- ROH:- Upperthong War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Rifleman ARMITAGE
- regiment: King's Royal Rifle Corps
- died: Tuesday, October 10, 1916
- record ID: 240731
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #240731)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #658413)