Willie Armitage (1894-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- ARMITAGE, WILLIE. Private. No 25449. 5th Battalion Yorkshire Regiment. Born 12.9.1894 at Battyeford, Mirfield. Son of Albert and Jessie Armitage. Educated at St. Saviour's School, Ravensthorpe, Dewsbury, and Christ Church School, Moldgreen. Lived 68 Storths, Moldgreen. Worked as a cotton piecer. Enlisted November 1915. Captured by the Germans and died as a Prisoner of War, 21.10.1918, aged 24 years. Buried in GLAGEON COMMUNAL CEMETERY EXTENSION. Grave location:- Plot 2, Row C, Grave 9.
- ROH:- Almondbury War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private WILLIE ARMITAGE
- regiment: Yorkshire Regiment
- died: Monday, October 21, 1918
- age: 24 years
- record ID: 286639
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #286639)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #658407)