William Schofield: An Earnest Yorkshire Methodist (1882) by John Sykes
William Schofield: An Earnest Yorkshire Methodist — His Life, His Character, Its Lessons, with Glimpses of Yorkshire Methodism was written by John Sykes of Binn Villa, Marsden, and published in 1882 by Parkin Brothers of Cross Church Street, Huddersfield.
The book details the life of William Schofield (1820-1881), a lifetime resident of Marsden who was a noted early Methodist in the town and a member of the Marsden-in-Almondbury Local Board.
- Chapter I — His Native Place
- Chapter II — Parentage and Boyhood
- Chapter III — His Conversion
- Chapter IV — The Young Disciple and Early Methodism
- Chapter V — Christian Manhood, &c.
- Chapter VI — Spiritual Strength
- Chapter VII — Practical Religion
- Chapter VIII — A Sunday School Superintendent
- Chapter IX — Fortitude
- Chapter X — Influence
- Chapter XI — Sufferings
- Chapter XII — Rest
- Chapter XIII — Conclusions