William Lodge (c.1883-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- LODGE, WILLIAM. Private. No 38169. 6th Battalion The Yorkshire Regiment. Born Huddersfield. Son of Mr and Mrs Sam Lodge, 7 Learoyd Street, Leeds Road, Huddersfield. Husband of Hannah Lodge, 287 Leeds Road, Huddersfield. Killed in action at Passchendaele, 10.10.1917, aged 34 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated TYNE COT MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- St. Andrew's Church, Leeds Road; Fartown and Birkby War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private WILLIAM LODGE
- regiment: Yorkshire Regiment
- died: Wednesday, October 10, 1917
- age: 34 years
- record ID: 833075
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #833075)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2695473)