William Lockwood (c.1894-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- LOCKWOOD, WILLIAM. Private. No 11447. 9th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Haigh Head, Hoylandswaine. 31.3.1894. Educated Hoylandswaine Church of England School. Employed as a farm labourer. Husband of Ethel May Lockwood, 101 Sharpe Lane, Almondbury. Enlisted 4.9.1914. Died of wounds at No 17 Casualty Clearing Station on 14.3.1918, aged 23 years. Buried LIJSSENTHOEK MILITARY CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 27, Row EE, Grave 14a.
- ROH:- Almondbury War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private WILLIAM LOCKWOOD
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Thursday, March 14, 1918
- age: 23 years
- record ID: 145706
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #145706)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2694091)