William Henry Wrigley (1896-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- WRIGLEY, WILLIAM HENRY. Private. No 241612. 2/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Crosland Hill, Huddersfield, 11.3.1896. Son of Joe and Elizabeth Wrigley, 33 Park Road West, Crosland Moor. Employed as a cloth finisher by Messrs John Crowther and Sons, Union Mills. Attended Crosland Moor Wesleyan Chapel. Single. Enlisted 13.3.1916. Killed in action, 25.11.1917, during the Battle of Cambrai. Has no known grave. Commemorated CAMBRAI MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Crosland Moor Wesleyan Church; 'Rising Sun' Public House, Crosland Hill; St. Barnabas Church, Crosland Moor; Huddersfield Drill Hall.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private WILLIAM HENRY WRIGLEY
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Sunday, November 25, 1917
- record ID: 1758096
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1758096)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4907386)
- St. Barnabas Church Roll of Honour — see PDF #5