William Henry Exley (c.1896-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- EXLEY, WILLIAM HENRY. Private. No 1559. 12th Battalion West Yorkshire Regiment. Born Dewsbury. Son of Mr and Mrs Ledgard Exley, 55 St. Andrew's Road, Huddersfield. Employed as a presser by Messrs J. Holroyd and Company, Seed Hill. Attended the Huddersfield Mission Sunday School and the Band of Hope. Died of wounds at No 8 Casualty Clearing Station, 9.4.1917, aged 20 years. Buried DUISANS BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 3, Row A, Grave 1.
- ROH:- Christ Church, Moldgreen.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private WILLIAM HENRY EXLEY
- regiment: West Yorkshire Regiment
- died: Monday, April 9, 1917
- age: 20 years
- record ID: 169413