William Henry Beaumont (1881-1917)
William Henry Beaumont was born on 21 April 1881, the son of joiner Thomas Beaumont and his wife Mary Gledhill, and was baptised on 16 June 1881 at Huddersfield Parish Church.
By 1891, the family was living on Mill's Row off Castlegate, Huddersfield.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BEAUMONT, WILLIAM HENRY. Private. No 291781. 1/7th Battalion Northumberland Fusiliers. Lived with his sister, Mrs Fawcett at 23 Wakefield Road, Moldgreen. Employed by Mr Wortley, hay and straw merchant. Enlisted 1915. Reported missing, presumed killed, 26.10.1917, aged 38 years. Buried in CEMENT HOUSE CEMETERY, LANGEMARCK, BELGIUM. Grave location:- Plot 14, Row D, Grave 12.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private WILLIAM HENRY BEAUMONT
- regiment: Northumberland Fusiliers
- died: Friday, October 26, 1917
- record ID: 97370
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #97370)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #266394)