William Goodyear (1879-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- GOODYEAR, WILLIAM. Bombardier. No 110237. 219th Siege Battery, Royal Garrison Artillery. Born Jim Lane, Marsh, 21.9.1879. Son of the late Joseph and Sarah Goodyear. Husband of Elizabeth Goodyear. Educated Paddock Council School. Employed as a gardener. At the time of enlistment, was living at Arden Cottage, Shirley Road, Acocks Green, Birmingham. Enlisted July 1916. Killed in action, 7.10.1917, aged 38 years. Buried VOORMEZELLE ENCLOSURE No 1 & 2. Grave location:- Plot 1, Row K, Grave 42.
- ROH:- Shared Church, Paddock.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Bombardier WILLIAM GOODYEAR
- regiment: Royal Garrison Artillery
- died: Sunday, October 7, 1917
- age: 38 years
- record ID: 104606
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #104606)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1387119)