William Edward Rimmer (c.1863-?)
William Edward Rimmer was a photographer.
He was born in Liverpool, the son of commercial traveller William Rimmer, circa 1863 (according to later Census returns) but may have been circa 1860 (according to his marriage certificate).
He married Emily Victoria Alexandria Blase, daughter of photographer John Walker Thomas Blase and his wife Charlotte (née Gorsuch), on 29 December 1881, at St. Clement, Toxteth. Emily was born in Canada and was also a photographer.
The couple had seven known children:
- William John Walker Rimmer (1882-?)
- Frederick Gorsuch Blase Rimmer (1884-?)
- Hesper Charlotte Elizabeth Rimmer (1886-1971)
- Ellen Emily Victoria Rimmer (1888-1978)
- Margaret Emily Rimmer (c.1891-1964)
- Charlotte Marian Nevill Blase Rimmer (1895-?)
- Edith Eliza May Rimmer (c.1900-?)
By 1891, the family was residing at Royton, Lancashire, and William had become a photographer.
At the time of the 1911 Census, William was living with his married son Frederick who was the publican of the Great Western Inn on Manchester Road, Marsden. Emily was listed separately at Slaithwaite and also gave her profession as "photographer".
Emily Victoria Alexandria Rimmer died on 26 December 1925 at Huddersfield. William had predeceased her, but his date of death was not found during research.
Notes and References
- He may have been the William Rimmer born on 20 October 1860, the son of William and Elizabeth, and baptised on 3 December 1860.
- Photographers of Great Britain and Ireland.
- Born 29 October 1882.
- Born 5 September 1884. Married Louisa Wood in September 1906 at Slaithwaite.
- Born 27 October 1886. Married Percival Broadley in December 1907 at Slaitwhaite.
- Born 27 December 1888. Married Joe Whitwam in August 1911 at Slaithwaite. Died 13 December 1978 in Florida, USA.
- Married Willie Chadwick in 1915 at Slaithwaite.
- Born 7 March 1895 at Liverpool.
- Married Percy Ellis Berry in November 1923 at Slaithwaite.