William Edward Lockwood (c.1896-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- LOCKWOOD, WILLIAM EDWARD. Private. No G/22897. 7th Battalion The Queens (Royal West Surrey Regiment). Formerly No 43320 King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry. Born Huddersfield. Son of Albert and Mary Eliza Lockwood, 2 Upper Brow Road, Paddock. Reported missing 21.3.1918 and afterwards presumed to have been killed on that date, aged 21. Has no known grave. Commemorated POZIERES MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- All Saints Church, Paddock.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private WILLIAM EDWARD LOCKWOOD
- regiment: The Queen's (Royal West Surrey Regiment)
- died: Thursday, March 21, 1918
- age: 21 years
- record ID: 1584434
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1584434)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #2694116)