William Donkersley (c.1888-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- DONKERSLEY, WILLIAM. Private. No 240003. 1/5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Lockwood. Son of Frank and Mary Donkersley, 36 Yew Green, Lockwood. Employed as a weaver. Enlisted 4.8.1914. Wounded in both legs, 26.12.1917, and died of his wounds at No 10 Casualty Clearing Station, 27.12.1917, aged 29. Buried LIJSSENTHOEK MILITARY CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 27, Row CC, Grave 1a.
- ROH:- Rehoboth Baptist Chapel; 'Rising Sun' Public House, Crosland Hill; St. Barnabas Church, Crosland Moor; Huddersfield Drill Hall.
Huddersfield Daily Examiner (04/Jan/1918):
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private DONKERSLEY
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Thursday, December 27, 1917
- age: 29 years
- record ID: 435258
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #435258)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War
- St. Barnabas Church Roll of Honour — see PDF #3