William Codd (1884-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- CODD, WILLIAM. Private. No 203067. 1/5th Battalion West Yorkshire Regiment. Formerly No 3/22808 Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Wakefield 4.7.1884. Son of Mr and Mrs George Codd, 2 Well Street, Longroyd Bridge. Educated at St. Thomas's school, Longroyd Bridge. Employed as a mason by Mr Baldwin, of Paddock. Married, with two children. Killed in action, 10.7.1917, aged 34. Buried LAVENTIE MILITARY CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 1, Row B, Grave 5.
- ROH:- St. Thomas's Church, Longroyd Bridge.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private CODD
- regiment: West Yorkshire Regiment
- died: Tuesday, July 10, 1917
- age: 34 years
- record ID: 327905
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #327905)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #876980)