William Calvert Wilson (1878-1917)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- WILSON, WILLIAM CALVERT. Private. No 62346. 10th Battalion Royal Defence Corps. Born 4 Learoyd's Row, Leeds Road, Huddersfield, 21.3.1878. Son of Mrs Saville of Turnbridge, Huddersfield. Educated Thomas Street Board School. Husband of Annie Wilson, 4 Back Union Street, Huddersfield. Employed as a labourer. Enlisted 23.1.1915. Died at The Cameron Hospital, West Hartlepool, on 7.10.1917, aged 39. Buried EDGERTON CEMETERY, HUDDERSFIELD. Grave location:- 62, RC, 132.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private WILLIAM CALVERT WILSON
- regiment: Royal Defence Corps
- died: Sunday, October 7, 1917
- age: 39 years
- record ID: 2752149
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #2752149)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #4822719)