William Bottomley (c.1892-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BOTTOMLEY, WILLIAM. Private. No G5/71038. London Regiment. Born Marsden. Son of George Bottomley, 13 Sandhurst Cottages, Marsden. Married. Living at Victoria Terrace, Marsden. Employed as a spinner at Ready Carr Mill, Marsden. Was a member of the Marsden Conservative Club and attended Marsden Parish Church. He was a member of Marsden Brass Band. Enlisted April 1917. Embarked for France, 30.9.1917. Missing in action, 26.10.1917, aged 25 years. Commemorated on TYNE COT MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Marsden War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private WILLIAM BOTTOMLEY (GS/71038)
- regiment: London Regiment (Royal Fusiliers)
- died: Friday, October 26, 1917
- age: 25 years
- record ID: 75227765
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #75227765)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War