William Armitage (c.1893-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- ARMITAGE, WILLIAM. Lance Corporal. No 270123. 16th Battalion The Royal Scots (Lothian Regiment). Born Kirkburton. Son of Henry and Annie Armitage, Mount Pleasant, Kirkburton. Apprenticed to Messrs Broadhead and Graves, Manufacturers, Kirkheaton. Enlisted April 1916. Embarked for France, January, 1917. Wounded, 9.4.1917, and died of gunshot wounds in No 3 General Hospital, Le Treport, 23.4.1917, aged 23 years. Buried in MONT HUON MILITARY CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 3, Row F, Grave 10B.
- ROH:- All Hallows Parish Church, Kirkburton.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Lance Corporal WILLIAM ARMITAGE
- regiment: Royal Scots
- died: Monday, April 23, 1917
- age: 23 years
- record ID: 468443
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #468443)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #658364)