Wilfrid Moorhouse (1881-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- MOORHOUSE, WILFRID. Private. No S/40091. 2nd Battalion Seaforth Highlanders. Born Paddock 17.4.1881. Educated Paddock Board School. Employed as a tailor's cutter by Mr Alfred Willis. Husband of Edith Moorhouse, 116 Netheroyd Hill Road, Huddersfield. Enlisted 4.6.1916. Reported missing at Poelcapelle on 4.10.1917, aged 35, and afterwards presumed to have been killed on that date. Buried CEMENT HOUSE CEMETERY, LANGEMARCK, BELGIUM. Grave location:- Plot 15m Row B, Grave 13.
- ROH:- All Saints Church, Paddock.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private WILFRID MOORHOUSE
- regiment: Seaforth Highlanders
- died: Thursday, October 4, 1917
- age: 35 years
- record ID: 97924