Wilfred Steel Brook (c.1881-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- BROOK, WILFRED STEEL. Private. No 38417. 7th Battalion The Yorkshire Regiment. Formerly No 5/36399 10th Territorial Reserve Battalion. Born Thornhill, Longwood. Educated Longwood National Church School. Lived with his sister, Mrs George Walker, at 21 Ballroyd, Longwood. Employed as a dyer's labourer by Messrs C. and J. Hirst and Sons Limited of Longwood. Attended Longwood Parish Church. Single. Enlisted 28.3.1916. Embarked for France on 13.11.1916. Died of wounds on his way to a Casualty Clearing Station near St. Quentin, 25.4.1917, aged 35 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated ARRAS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- St. Mark's Parish Church, Longwood.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private WILFRED STEEL BROOK
- regiment: West Yorkshire Regiment
- died: Monday, June 25, 1917
- record ID: 742268