Wilfred Schofield (1891-1917)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- SCHOFIELD, WILFRED. Company Quarter Master Sergeant. No 13752. 'A' Company, 10th Battalion King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry. Born Quarmby, Huddersfield, 22.7.1891. Son of John W. Schofield and the late Sarah Jane Schofield, 278 Reinwood Road, Quarmby. Educated Oakes Council School. Employed as a clerk in the office at Portland Mills, Lindley. Attended Holy Trinity Church. Enlisted 31.8.1914. Killed in action near Hooge, 4.10.1917, aged 26 years. Has no known grave. Commemorated TYNE COT MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Holy Trinity Church; St. Mark's Parish Church, Longwood.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Company Quartermaster Serjeant WILFRED SCHOFIELD
- regiment: King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry
- died: Thursday, October 4, 1917
- age: 26 years
- record ID: 828819
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #828819)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3925988)