Wilfred Robert Sheard (1887-1918)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- SHEARD, WILFRED ROBERT. Private. No 39365. 2/4th Battalion King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry. Formerly No 6356 Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Employed by Mr Charles Walton Ellis, of Stainland and late of Birkby. Married, with one child. Lived 99 Ravensknowle Road, Moldgreen, Huddersfield. Reported missing 20.7.1918 and afterward presumed to have been killed on that date. Has no known grave. Commemorated SOISSONS MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
- ROH:- Christ Church, Moldgreen.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private WILFRED SHEARD
- regiment: King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry
- died: Saturday, July 20, 1918
- record ID: 1760106
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #1760106)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3992423)