Wilfred Morgan (1890-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- MORGAN, WILFRED. Private. No 58605. 63rd Field Ambulance, Royal Army Medical Corps. Born Mirfield 31.5.1890. Son of William and Hannah Morgan, 25 Spinkfield Road, Birkby. Educated Knowle Council School, Mirfield. Employed as a parcels porter by the London and North Western Railway Company at Huddersfield Railway Station. Married. Enlisted 14.5.1915. Died of influenza at Caudry, France, on 28.11.1918. Buried CAUDRY BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 2, Row B, Grave 8.
- ROH:- Christ Church, Woodhouse Hill; Gledholt Wesleyan Church; Fartown and Birkby War Memorial; London and North Western Railway Roll.
- Brother of Private HARRY MORGAN died of wounds, 20.4.1918.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Private MORGAN
- regiment: Royal Army Medical Corps
- died: Thursday, November 28, 1918
- record ID: 571901
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #571901)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #3121581)