Wilfred Heap (1894-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HEAP, WILFRED. Gunner. No 162132. 279th Siege Battery Royal Garrison Artillery. Born Shepley. Son of Henry and Sarah Alberta Heap, of Stocks Hill, Shepley. Single. Enlisted Huddersfield. Invalided home with trench fever. Rejoined his unit and was again taken ill. Sent to Brighton where he underwent an operation for appendicitis, which was unsuccessful. Died on 22.9.1918, aged 24 years. Buried St. PAUL'S CHURCHYARD, SHEPLEY. Grave location:- in North part.
- ROH:- Shepley War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Gunner HEAP
- regiment: Royal Garrison Artillery
- died: Sunday, September 22, 1918
- age: 24 years
- record ID: 2752344
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #2752344)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1812202)