Wilfred Haigh (c.1897-1916)
An ongoing project to commemorate and research the lives of those who appear on war memorials and rolls of honour in the local area, who served in the military, or whose deaths were linked to conflict.
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HAIGH, WILFRED. Ordinary Seaman. No SS/6447. Royal Navy. HMS Indefatigable. Son of Alfred and Harriet Hannah Haigh, of Skelmanthorpe. Killed in action at the Battle of Jutland, 31.5.1916. Has no known grave. Commemorated PLYMOUTH NAVAL MEMORIAL TO THE MISSING.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Ordinary Seaman WILFRED HAIGH
- regiment: Royal Navy
- died: Wednesday, May 31, 1916
- record ID: 2866111
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #2866111)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #6490842)