Wilfred Haigh (c.1892-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- HAIGH, WILFRED. Lance Corporal. No 13444. 2nd Battalion Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Born Halifax. Son of Mr and Mrs Tom Haigh of Shoe Broads, Meltham. Husband of Amy L. Haigh, 86 Manchester Road, Huddersfield. Employed at Meltham Station. Attended Meltham Wesleyan Church. Enlisted September 1916. Was wounded at Suvla Bay, Gallipoli. Killed in action, 27.3.1918, aged 25 years. Buried FEUCHY CHAPEL BRITISH CEMETERY. Grave location:- Plot 2, Row G, Grave 3.
- ROH:- St. Bartholomew's Church, Meltham.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Lance Corporal WILFRED HAIGH
- regiment: Duke of Wellington's Regiment (West Riding)
- died: Wednesday, March 27, 1918
- age: 25 years
- record ID: 300997
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #300997)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #1516061)