Wilfred Ainley (1882-1918)
Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922
The following extract is from Huddersfield's Roll of Honour: 1914-1922 (2014) by J. Margaret Stansfield:
- AINLEY, WILFRED. Sergeant. No L/25719. 153rd Brigade Royal Field Artillery. Born 14.2.1882. Son of Mrs Sarah Ann Ainley, Whiteley Street, Milnsbridge. Attended Milnsbridge Baptist School. Married to Mary Jane Ainley, 3 Reeder's Yard, Cross Grove Street, Huddersfield and had five children. Worked as a labourer for Mr J. Charlesworth, East Parade. Played football for the Milnsbridge and Fartown clubs. Enlisted 3.5.1915. Killed in action 25.4.1918. Buried in BRANDHOEK NEW MILITARY CEMETERY No 3. Grave location:- Plot 1, Row O, Grave 4.
- ROH:- Milnsbridge War Memorial.
Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- Serjeant WILFRED AINLEY (25719)
- regiment: Royal Field Artillery
- died: Thursday, April 25, 1918
- age: 36 years
- record ID: 139707
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission (ID #139707)
- Imperial War Museums: Lives of the First World War (ID #662132)