When the Ebb Tide Flows (Bamforth series 4790)
"When the Ebb Tide Flows" was a set of four hand-coloured postcards published by Bamforth & Co. Ltd. of Holmfirth.
The text is based on the song "When the Ebb Tide Flows" composed by Clifton Bingham (words) and Stanley Gordon (music).
The postcards were published as series number 4790.
When the Ebb Tide Flows (1)
- Out with the tide at the dawn of day, under the morning star,
- Gaily the sailor boy steamed away over the deep afar:
- "Mother, dear," cried the sailor lad.
- "Don't be lonely at home or sad,
- Though wild the storm and wide the foam,
- There's One above will guide me home."
When the Ebb Tide Flows (2)
- I shall come home when the ebb tide flows,
- Go where I may, there is One Who knows,
- Fierce though the gale, still His care will prevail,
- I shall come home when the ebb time flows.
- Over the foam I shall come home, over the foam I shall come home,
- When the ebb tide flows;
- Father Eternal, tho I may roam,
- Guide Thou me home.
When the Ebb Tide Flows (3)
- Grey-haired and silent upon the quay there is a mother lone,
- Never again to her heart came he, though the long years have flown.
- Sound he sleeps in the trackless main;
- Tides have ebbed and re-flowed again;
- But still she smiles because she knows
- She'll meet him when life's ebb tide flows.