When the Angelus is Ringing (Bamforth series 4899)
"When the Angelus is Ringing" was a set of three hand-coloured postcards published by Bamforth & Co. Ltd. of Holmfirth.
The text is based on the song of the same name composed by Joe Young (words) and Bert Grant (music).
The postcards were published as series number 4899.
When the Angelus is Ringing (1)
- Love time, love time, can't you understand when it is love time?
- Birds sing, bells ring, love just seems to ring with ev'ry chime,
- Ding dong, dong ding, love's messages they bring.
When the Angelus is Ringing (2)
- When the angelus is ringing in the belfry on the hill,
- And the whip-poor-will is singing in the night when all is still,
- I am waiting for the time when I can come to you and sing love's sweet song,
- While the silv'ry bells peal out their dong, ding, dong.
- Down the road of love we'll wander, 'mid the violets perfume,
- To the little cottage yonder, where we'll spend our honeymoon;
- And as we go through life from year to year,
- Cares and worries disappear, when the angelus is ringing, dear.
When the Angelus is Ringing (3)
- Two hearts, true hearts, all the world is full of loving sweethearts,
- I'll bring the ring, to the pealing of each silv'ry chime,
- Ding, dong, dong ding, all nature seems in rhyme.