West Riding Union Banking Company

The West Riding Union Banking Company (not to be confused with the West Riding Bank) is believed to have been formed in 1836 when the Mirfield and Huddersfield District Banking Company merged with the Dewsbury bank of Messrs. Hague, Cook and Wormald (est. 1818).[1]

The bank's Huddersfield branch was located in the Market Place and was designed by architect William Cocking.

The company was merged with the Lancashire & Yorkshire Bank in 1902.

Notes and References

  1. "Public Notices" in Leeds Intelligencer (07/May/1836).