West Golcar (hamlet)
West Golcar was one of the two hamlets within the Township of Golcar, the other being East Golcar. The hamlet was part of the Manor of Wakefield.
Situated within the hamlet were the habitations of Clough Head, Crimble, Low Westwood, Lower Wellhouse, Upper Wellhouse, and Westwood Edge.
The boundaries of the two hamlets (as marked on the 1854 O.S. map) are shown below:
The extent of West Golcar is shown below: