Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Woodhead Road, Hinchliffe Mill, Austonley
- appears on maps: 1892 [#72]
- location on map: Woodhead Road, Hinchliffe Mill, Austonley
- status: exists but under a different use
- category: church or chapel
The chapel was built in 1839, with an adjoining Sunday School built in 1878. By 1930, the burial grounds had been extended with an adjoining tennis court. By 1971, the chapel had closed and the buildings sold.
- Huddersfield & District Family History Society — baptisms 1839-1900
Notes and References
- Yorkshire Returns of the 1851 Census of Religious Worship: Volume 3, West Riding (South) (2000) edited by John Wolffe.
- Holmfirth Methodist Circuit Bicentenary 1810-2010 (2010) compiled by Peter Beetlestone.