Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Waingate, Lower Clough, Linthwaite
- appears on maps: 1894 [#156]
- location: Waingate, Lower Clough, Linthwaite
- status: exists but under a different use
- category: church or chapel
Erected 1867 at a cost of £3,000 to replace the first chapel (opened 1806) which had a stone table reading "Wesleyan Methodist Chapel. A.D. MDCCCVI. Ebenezer. Hitherto hath the Lord helped us."
- Wesleyan School, Stones Lane, Lower Clough, Linthwaite
- Assembly Hall, Stones Lane, Lower Clough, Linthwaite
- Burial Ground, Lower Clough, Linthwaite
Historic England Listing
- Grade II
- first listed 30 April 1982
- listing entry number 1216959
LOWER CLOUGH Linthwaite. Linthwaite Methodist Chapel. Dated 1867. Hammer dressed stone with ashlar dressings. Pitched stone slate roof. Stone brackets to gutter. Two storeys and basement. Continuous first floor still band. 6-bays long by 4-bay predimented front. Ground floor windows are segment headed. First floor windows are round arched, those to side elevations with impost band. The central bay breaks forward slightly and has two round arched, 6-panelled doors within cambered heads. Cornice area is supported on four console brackets with Foliated base. At first floor level is paired round arched window. Single lights to each side, both floors. Large tablet in tympanum reads in raised capitals: "METHODIST CHURCH ERECTED 1867." Stained glass to north elevation window basement level contains flat.
- Huddersfield & District Family History Society — burials 1826-2003