Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Peel Street, Marsden
- also known as: Marsden Methodist Church
- location: off Peel Street and Brougham Road, Marsden-in-Almondbury
- status: no longer exists
- category: church or chapel
The first chapel was erected 1824 at a cost of about £450. This was replaced by a new chapel built in 1871 (costing £1,750) which was then extended in 1898.
The congregation merged with the Congregational Church circa 1968 to form the current-day Marsden United Church and the Wesleyan Church and Sunday School were sold off in 1969. The building was later demolished and site is currently home to Marsden Infant & Nursery School.
Notes and References
- Yorkshire Returns of the 1851 Census of Religious Worship: Volume 3, West Riding (South) (2000) edited by John Wolffe.
- West Yorkshire Archive Service: Off the Record.