Services were initially held at the home of Mrs. Emma Brook in February 1894. A temporary wooden Mission Chapel was then built at a cost of around £100 and opened on 12 October 1898.
Sir Thomas Brook donated 750 square yards of land for the erection of a permanent chapel, which was designed by Edward W. Lockwood of Huddersfield. A total of twenty-three foundation stones of the were laid on 30 September 1905 and the new chapel was formally opened on 1 September 1906. The reported cost was around £1,900.
The chapel's stained glass window was unveiled on 25 March 1934.
The chapel is now Brockholes Methodist Church.