The foundation stone of a chapel was laid in 1837 by John Broadbent. It was enlarged in the early 1870s and re-opened in 1873. A new chapel was built in 1903-04, with the corner stone laid by Sir William Broadbent on 16 May 1903.
The church was reportedly closed in 1977 and later demolished. A residential property now occupies the site.