Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, High Street, Honley
- also known as: Honley Ebenezer Chapel, Honley High Street Methodist Chapel (mid-1930s onwards)
- location: High Street, Honley
- status: no longer exists
- category: church or chapel
The Sunday School was initially situated under the chapel and was accessed via Cuckoo Lane. This was replaced with a dedicated building nearby in 1879.
The chapel was renovated and extended in 1893 at a cost of around £1,800.
Concerns over the western wall of the chapel during the 1950s and 1960s eventually led to its closure in 1969. The building was demolished the following year.
The congregations of the Wesleyan Chapel, the Primitive Methodist Chapel (Southgate) and the Congregational Chapel formally united in September 1969, leading to the building of the current-day Trinity Church to replace the three existing chapels.
- Non-Conformist Chapels of Honley: The Methodists (2008) by Honley Civic Society
- Holmfirth Methodist Circuit Bicentenary 1810-2010 (2010) compiled by Peter Beetlestone
Notes and References
- Yorkshire Returns of the 1851 Census of Religious Worship: Volume 3, West Riding (South) (2000) edited by John Wolffe.
- Non-Conformist Chapels of Honley: The Methodists (2008) by Honley Civic Society.