Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Dunford Road, Hade Edge, Wooldale
- location: Dunford Road, Hade Edge, Wooldale
- status: still exists
- category: church or chapel
- notes: now Hade Edge Methodist Church
Built in 1841 for a reported cost of £160. The church was eventually closed in September 1993 due to the excessive costs of repairing the building. However, a local pressure group was formed to campaign for its reopening, which happened six months later. The congregation then moved into the adjoining school whilst around £60,000 of renovations took place. The church was rededicated in November 1999.
Notes and References
- Yorkshire Returns of the 1851 Census of Religious Worship: Volume 3, West Riding (South) (2000) edited by John Wolffe.
- Holmfirth Methodist Circuit Bicentenary 1810-2010 (2010) compiled by Peter Beetlestone.