Built in 1841 for a reported cost of £160. The church was eventually closed in September 1993 due to the excessive costs of repairing the building. However, a local pressure group was formed to campaign for its reopening, which happened six months later. The congregation then moved into the adjoining school whilst around £60,000 of renovations took place. The church was rededicated in November 1999.