Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Church Street, Paddock

This page is a bare-bones entry for a specific location marked on an old map. More detailed information may eventually be added...


  • also known as: Paddock Wesleyan Methodist Church, Paddock Shared Church, Paddock United Church
  • location: Church Street, Paddock
  • status: still exists
  • category: church or chapel

Built 1872-23 with with "seats for 300" and dedicated on 10 February 1873. Prior to then, services had been held in a cottage on Church Street known locally as the "Water House". Part of the ceiling collapsed in April 1913 and the building was subsequently declared unsafe.[1]

A replacement chapel was built in 1914-15 at a cost of around £2,000.

Further Reading


Notes and References