Built as part of the Gledholt Wesleyan Circuit (formed 1888). The foundation stone was laid on Saturday 12 October 1889 and the chapel opened in October 1890. The chapel's organ was donated by Edward Brooke.
EDGERTON GROVE ROAD (West Side). Gledholt Methodist Church. Mid C19. Rock-faced stone. Ashlar dressings. Hipped slate roof. Two storeys. Ground floor astylar with moulded cornice. Continuous moulded ground floor impost band. Angle pilasters on first floor to full entablature and balustrade with vase-shaped balusters: piers with urn finials. Five ranges of sashes, those on ground floor round-arched with rusticated ashlar voussoirs and moulded keystones, those on first floor with moulded surrounds: marginal glazing bars. Centre three bays break forward. Central bay breaks forward again and on first floor has paired Ionic pilasters to frame it. Above it an arch with sculpted tympanum, moulded voussoirs and keystone, flanked by scrolled consoles and crowned by triangular pediment. One bay projections to east and west: ground floor as ground floor elsewhere except they have double doors with fielded panels instead of windows and depressed instead of round-arched heads. West projection is of two storeys, with one tripartite sash with marginal glazing bars and ashlar frame on first floor. East projection has four storey tower, each storey with full entablature. First floor has broad angle pilasters and one sash with marginal glazing bars in moulded frame. Second floor has paired Ionic pilasters at angles and similar window: moulded impost band. Balustrade with vase-shaped balusters. Angle turrets with round-arched niches on each side, crowned by four steep pediments each. Third storey is octagonal. Each side has one round-arched sash with marginal glazing bars, keystone, and moulded voussoirs crowned at cornice level by triangular pediment. Octagonal lead cupola with finial.